Slices Michael Montoure 9781453870273 Books

Slices Michael Montoure 9781453870273 Books
Skip the first four and start with "Daddy's Girls", continue from there to the end and then you can go back to the beginning. It is at the fifth story that I forgot I was reading, holding my phone, that I was me. I was ... absorbed.“The skyscrapers of the city had finished scraping all the sky away, and the clouds overhead were exactly the color of concrete and I was safe and cold in a canyon of glass and steel.”
"Daddy's Girls"
Creative, compelling, clear voice, consistent, characters not just sketched but colored in. Macabre and witchy, beautiful and warm, parasitic.
"Only Monsters"
Adorable perspective shift on a vampire dystopia. Cute bedtime story for kids who like extra monsters in their fairy tales.
"Lullaby for Two Voices"
Being tough enough to make the harder, but right, decision. Maternal power. Fraternal love. A pretty little piece that felt like it should be told over a campfire as part of a series on the "not the Devil" who pulled Sarah from the wreckage and contracted with her.
"Orpheus"
Modern day addendum to Dante. Loved it.
"Watch the Coin"
With the exception of Neverwhere, I liked this better than all of Gaiman's prose. I might be biased; Netflix recently informed me that I like heist movies best of all genres. So a heist with some Fae? Hells to the yes.
"Lost Boy"
I can envision reading this to my nieces and nephew. Made me nostalgic for Robert Louis Stevenson. I also liked the meta admonishment about naming a thing; it made me smirk since for several pages prior I was pleading with the author not to name The Boy. Taoist, Fae, Island of Blue Dolphins.
"The Thirteenth Boy"
Define monster :)
"Counterclockwise"
Drew was so vivid to me, like Dewey in Ellen Klages' Green Glass Sea, that I wanted a novella (or more) coloring in his childhood from the peripheral perspective of the older boys, and I wanted more breadth and depth to James' dead space echoes.

Tags : Slices [Michael Montoure] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. <b>An imagined disease spreads across a city. </b>A fading horror movie star crafts his replacement. Two thieves wait for rescue at the end of the world. Human monsters are put to their final tests. Time stands still in fairy circles,Michael Montoure,Slices,CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform,145387027X,Fiction,Fiction - Horror,Fiction Horror,Horror,Horror & ghost stories,Horror - General
Slices Michael Montoure 9781453870273 Books Reviews
This type of book just isn't a good fit for me, I read the reviews sounded like it was going to be good. I got excited, when I shouldn't have. Most of the stories left me thinking what the birsdseed is this,I mean he has so many books out so many good reviews what is up with me, not one thing. This book is a rip off every other cookies cutter"hinting horror"it did nothing to invoke an image of terror let alone horror. These stories aren't well put together nor executed(proofread). I wouldn't been upset had I paid full price for it, note I'm still unhappy with it and it was free, this book in my opinion is a skip even at the price of free.
This was a collection of pretty good stories but I didnt like most of the endings. He needed to fatten the endings a bit. Too much
"left hanging".
I LOVED THIS BOOK! Although I am a fan of horror movies, I generally don't read fiction at all. I was eerily enchanted by Montoure's short stories, and finished the book in one evening. It was a psychologically thrilling page turner that I couldn't put down. The plot twists were dark, yet delightful, stabbing at the core of what it means to be human- or in some cases, not so human.
"Slices" is a collection of early horror short stories by Michael Montoure, and it is a good example of horror short stories and an author's early work.
As Stephen King noted in his forward to "Everything's Eventual," the literary world has largely abandoned this genre, everyone except for himself and now Montoure. Thus, we aren't surprised by the appearance of
(nerdjustsayityoushowoff)
a demuirge author
(shutupknowitallprickshutup)
or a well-used literary device, but we aren't disappointed, either. If all the cookbooks in print are by Julia Child, it's forgivable if your recipes have some butter. What's great is that about half of Montoure's stories go off into unfamiliar territory, providing welcome relief from King's increasingly cramped oubliette of mirrors.
Two of the stories in "Slices" -- "Daddy's Girls" and "One Last Sunset" -- filled me with great dread, and another story, "Orpheus," still makes me sad to think about. Whereas King found great strength as an author of addiction, I expect Montoure will find his in the contemplation of loneliness.
I really like horror stories, whether they're short stories, novellas, or those super long ones that King is famous for. When I started this book I had hope that I'd like it. I must say, it met....no exceeded, my expectations. This book made for a very nice read. I'm happy to have added it to my ever growing collection of stories that just a little more u sure of whether you should sleep with a night light on or not. I think....just for tonight....I'll keep one one.
I read a lot of horror, particularly short stories, and I have been disappointed with many of the larger, multi-author anthologies in recent years. I bought this book due to its relatively low price, and I am so happy that I did. Mr. Montoure reinvigorated my enjoyment of (and hope for) short horror. These stories were consistently good, ranging from subtly creepy to more downright disturbing horror. The author writes in an intelligent but simple manner that creates dread, emotional gravity, and touches of surrealism that I greatly enjoyed. Thank you Mr. Montoure - I appreciate your creations!
Skip the first four and start with "Daddy's Girls", continue from there to the end and then you can go back to the beginning. It is at the fifth story that I forgot I was reading, holding my phone, that I was me. I was ... absorbed.
“The skyscrapers of the city had finished scraping all the sky away, and the clouds overhead were exactly the color of concrete and I was safe and cold in a canyon of glass and steel.”
"Daddy's Girls"
Creative, compelling, clear voice, consistent, characters not just sketched but colored in. Macabre and witchy, beautiful and warm, parasitic.
"Only Monsters"
Adorable perspective shift on a vampire dystopia. Cute bedtime story for kids who like extra monsters in their fairy tales.
"Lullaby for Two Voices"
Being tough enough to make the harder, but right, decision. Maternal power. Fraternal love. A pretty little piece that felt like it should be told over a campfire as part of a series on the "not the Devil" who pulled Sarah from the wreckage and contracted with her.
"Orpheus"
Modern day addendum to Dante. Loved it.
"Watch the Coin"
With the exception of Neverwhere, I liked this better than all of Gaiman's prose. I might be biased; Netflix recently informed me that I like heist movies best of all genres. So a heist with some Fae? Hells to the yes.
"Lost Boy"
I can envision reading this to my nieces and nephew. Made me nostalgic for Robert Louis Stevenson. I also liked the meta admonishment about naming a thing; it made me smirk since for several pages prior I was pleading with the author not to name The Boy. Taoist, Fae, Island of Blue Dolphins.
"The Thirteenth Boy"
Define monster )
"Counterclockwise"
Drew was so vivid to me, like Dewey in Ellen Klages' Green Glass Sea, that I wanted a novella (or more) coloring in his childhood from the peripheral perspective of the older boys, and I wanted more breadth and depth to James' dead space echoes.

0 Response to "⇒ Download Free Slices Michael Montoure 9781453870273 Books"
Post a Comment